Broughtons of Leicester Ltd are committed to protecting your privacy and maintaining the security of any personal information received from you. We strictly adhere to the requirements of the data protection legislation in the UK.
The purpose of this statement is to explain to you what personal information we collect and how we may use it.
1. When you order, we need to know your address and contact details. This allows us to process and fulfil your order. You have the option to withhold personal information that is not required for the order process.
2. We use your personal information to communicate your order status and any delivery payment detail.
3. We do not sell, rent or exchange your personal information with any third party for commercial reasons, beyond the essential requirement for credit/debit card validation during purchase.
4. We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given us, to prevent unauthorised access in accordance with the UK data protection legislation.
5. We do not collect sensitive information about you except when you specifically knowingly provide it. In order to maintain the accuracy of our database, you can check, update or remove your personal details by contacting us by email or in writing.
6. We use a technology called "cookies" as part of a normal business procedure to track patterns of behaviour of visitors to our site and to enable you to shop online. A cookie is an element of data that our Website sends to your browser which is then stored on your system. You can set your browser to prevent this happening. Any information collected in this way can be used to identify you unless you change your browser settings.
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser
settings to reject cookies. How to do this will depend on the browser
you use and we provide further detail below on how to disable cookies
for the most popular browsers:-
a) Choose the menu “Tools” then “Internet Options”
b) Click on the “Privacy” tab
c) Select the appropriate setting
a) Choose the menu “Tools” then “Options”
b) Click on the icon “Privacy”
c) Use "Custom settings for History" and select your preferences.
For Opera 6.0 and further:
a) Choose the menu Files”> “Preferences”
This depends on which cookies you disable, but in general the site may not operate properly if cookies are switched off. If you only disable 3rd party cookies you will not be prevented from making purchases on this site. If you disable all cookies you will be unable to complete a purchase on this site.
7. In order to process credit/debit card transactions, the bank or card processing agency may require to verify your personal details for authorisation outside the EEA (European Economic Area). Your information will not be transferred outside the EEA for any other purpose.
If you have any questions about privacy please contact us via either of the following methods:
Please Write to:
Broughtons of Leicester Ltd
The Old Cinema
69 Cropston Road
Leicester LE7 7BP