10 things you didn't know about Broughtons
This time we wanted to introduce our brand in a different light and tell you a little more about us:
1. We’re a little obsessed with 1888, the year the Broughton family started selling ironmongery in Leicester. Our telephone number ends in 1888, our Pinterest URL page ends with 1888, we own a website domain www.since1888.com and 1888 is an integral part of our logo.
2. Roger Broughton, Chairman and Founder of the Broughtons brand is very busy in his spare time being bass guitarist in 3 Leicestershire bands: Sounds Like Swing, Sixties Sounds and Stone Ravens.
3. Our spectacular showroom building in Anstey, Leicestershire is an old 1930s Art Deco Cinema that has also been a Garage Workshop, Esso filling station, the Savoy Restaurant and the Pink Elephant Indian Restaurant in the past 80 years.
4. In our 4,000 square foot showrooms, you will find more than 850 lights!
5. We work with over 100 suppliers to bring the finest range of quality lighting and ironmongery.
6. We have a choice of 78,000 products, available to order from our showroom or online.
7. We ship items worldwide and have customers in 43 countries, on 5 continents!
8. The furthest country we ever sent outdoor lights is New Zealand, 11,000 miles away! Our door knockers have found their way to Honk Kong and St. Lucia. A number of our light switches, doorbells and sockets are now living in their new homes in Russia, Australia and Japan.
9. The Broughtons team have an average length of service of 13 years which brings extensive product knowledge and experience!
10. We sponsor a local football team – the Groby Juniors Under 8 "Gladiators". We are looking forward to next season and seeing their progress.